How does the Anti-Snore Wearable work?The Anti-Snore Wearable is a biofeedback apparatus that will give a vibration when the app detects snoring sounds. The wearable is worn on the upper arm and replaces the poke the bed partner usually gives. The wearable is connected with the app via a Bluetooth (BLE4.0) connection.
Does the Anti-Snore wearable also work if I snore when I am not sleeping on my back?No. The Anti-Snore wearable is a biofeedback apparatus that will train people to change position from lying on their back (supine position) to lying on their side, when they snore. For people who also snore when lying on the side, this will not solve their snoring behaviour.
Will the vibration of the Anti-Snore Wearable wake me up?It is possible that during the first few nights the Anti-Snore Wearable can wake you up. In this case, you can change the vibration threshold within the app. The vibration will normally trigger an arousal, but will not wake you up in light sleep phase. Other factors, like consumption of alcohol, may make your body react less to the vibrations.
How long does it take to see the results?Best results are seen if the wearable is worn every night for 8-12 weeks. First effects can usually be measured after 10 nights.
How do I connect the Anti-Snore Wearable to the App?Please also refer to the Anti Snore Wearable Quick Reference Guide
- Download the app by going to doisnore.app.link/ASW or search for “Do I Snore” in the App Store (Apple) or in the Google Play Store (Android).
- Start the app and go to the Anti-Snore Wearable menu (in the start screen)
- Place the Anti-Snore Wearable close to your smartphone
- Turn on the Anti-Snore Wearable by pressing the upper left button for > 5 seconds. The blue light will blink.
- The app will automatically pair with your Anti-Snore wearable, the status should change from “Disconnected” to “Connected”.
- The Anti-Snore Wearable is now connected and ready for use.
How do I use the Anti Snore Wearable?
- Place the Anti snore Wearable in the armband and put it around your upper arm. If you prefer to turn to your left side, put it on your right arm and vice versa.
- Open the app and press the red “record” button to start a recording. The Anti-Snore Wearable should vibrate to let you know it’s still connected.
- Place your smartphone next to your bed, within 30 inches (80 cm) from your pillow, preferably at the same height as your pillow. Connect your phone to a power source. Please note the recording will start automatically after 30 minutes to give you enough time to fall asleep. You can change these settings in the settings menu in the app.
- The next morning you can stop the recording by using the “Stop recording” slider, the Anti-Snore Wearable will vibrate once more and will be turned off automatically. You can also adjust the settings of the app to automatically stop the recording at a set time.
Does the Anti-Snore Wearable treat sleep apnea?The Anti-Snore wearable isn’t meant to treat Sleep Apnea (OSA or POSAS), but is meant to reduce your snoring.
I cannot connect the Anti-Snore Wearable to the app anymoreIf you encounter problems with connecting Anti-Snore Wearable to the Do I Snore app, please follow the following steps:
- Make sure the wearable is turned off. If the wearable is turned on, the blue led will blink every ~15 seconds. If the wearable is turned on, turn it off by pressing the button on the wearable until it vibrates and the blue led flashes.
- Force close the app. - For an iPhone, double-click the Home button to show your most recently used apps. Swipe right or left to find the Do I Snore app. Swipe up to close the app.- For Android, open the Settings app. Choose Apps and touch the Running tab to view only active or running apps. Select the Do I Snore or Grind app. Touch the Stop or Force Stop button.
- Start the app again
- Go to the screen 'Anti-Snore Wearable'. In this screen the Status should be 'Disconnected'
- Place the Anti-Snore Wearable close to your smartphone
- Turn on the Anti-Snore Wearable by pressing the button on the wearable for > 5 seconds or until it vibrates. The blue light will blink.
- The app will automatically pair with your Anti-Snore wearable. The status on the screen in the app should change from “Disconnected” to “Connected”.
- The Anti-Snore Wearable is now connected and ready for use. To test the connection and the wearable, touch 'Test vibration' in the screen in the app. The Wearable should vibrate. Touch 'Stop vibration' to stop.
My Anti-Snore Wearable has stopped workingIf your Anti-Snore Wearable stopped working after a period of time, the battery may be dying. You can easily change the battery for a standard CR2032 (3V) battery. For an instructional video to change the battery, please see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0GQMct1y2s.
How do I change the battery of the Anti-Snore Wearable?You can easily change the battery for a standard CR2032 (3V) battery. For an instructional video to change the battery, please see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0GQMct1y2s.
My wearable has problems connecting to my Android phoneIf you have an older Android phone this is a common problem with Bluetooth connections. Sleep.ai tests all major Android phones but cannot test all Android phones out there. To test if the Anti-Snore Wearable is not faulty, please try to connect with another phone (preferable Samsung or iPhone) to see if it does connect correctly.
My app isn't recording any data
If the app doesn't seem to record any sounds, please check the following:
- Does the microphone work in other apps (like voice memo recorders)? If not, the microphone in your phone may be faulty.
- Does the app have access to the microphone? You can grant access to the microphone in the settings of your phone (iPhone: Settings - Privacy - Microphone; Android: Settings - select the Do-I-Snore-or-Grind app - Permissions - Microphone). Alternatively, you can re-install the app, start a recording and - when asked for permission to use the microphone - grant permission.
- When starting a recording, the default setting of the app is to start recording after 30 minutes, to allow the user to fall asleep before the actual recording starts. When testing the recording, make sure the recording start immediately, by changing the "Start recording in" setting to "Immediately". You can find these settings in the "Start and Stop Settings" screen in the Settings menu.